Dear Heartwood Families and Friends,
As COVID-19 continues as part of our lives, we want you to know how Heartwood Preserve is approaching this phase of the pandemic. Current understanding of how the virus spreads and the increase of vaccinated adults have allowed us to return to most of our outdoor practices for burial services and other events.
We encourage everyone to get vaccinated if you have not already. We are all in this together, and the vaccine is a way we can take care of each other as well as ourselves. All Heartwood Preserve staff have been vaccinated as of mid-May, 2021.
- Our entrance gate is open daily for visitors to our walking trails and burial sites. Masks are not required when outside at Heartwood Preserve.
- Our Welcome Center is open Monday through Friday. If you are fully vaccinated, you do not need to wear a mask indoors – unless you prefer to do so.
- If you are not vaccinated, please continue to wear a mask.
- All events that were postponed last year, such as our Talk & Tour series, are gradually being re-scheduled over the coming months. Check our Facebook and Calendar page for regular updates to our schedule. Join our mailing list to receive our seasonal newsletter.
- Preneed arrangements (“Preplanning”) can always be done remotely. We can mail or email the forms, discuss everything with you over the phone, and receive payments by phone or mail.
- We also can meet with you at the Welcome Center by appointment.
- Please do not come in if you feel sick or know that you have been recently exposed to COVID.
- While masks are not required while outside, be mindful of your proximity to others from different households.
- Attending guests may spread out along our trails in order to attend at a safe distance.
- When gathering inside the Welcome Center before or after the burial, those from different households should keep socially distanced from each other and masked, unless it is known that all are vaccinated.
- The family is welcome to livestream or video record burial services for those unable to attend. Thanks to the generosity of a Heartwood family, we have a tripod stand to hold your device for recording or livestreaming.
If you have an imminent situation or a death in the family, feel free to directly call or text our Assistant Director, Diana, on her cell at 727-255-1899. However, if it can wait until office hours, please contact her at that time.
Thank you for understanding and for supporting Heartwood Preserve and the health and well-being of your community.
From Six Feet Over,
The Staff at Heartwood Preserve