- This event has passed.
Florida Native Plant Society’s 39th Annual Conference (off site event)
May 16, 2019 - May 19, 2019
Heartwood Attending –
Come See Us!
Florida Native Plant Society’s 39th Annual Conference
May 16-19, 2019 at the Plantation on Crystal River
The 39th Annual Conference will offer an abundance of presentations and workshops:
- Amazing speakers
- 2 days of awesome field trips
- Cutting-edge science
- Current issues
- Conservation, restoration and citizen science
- Climate-change adaptation
- Advocacy opportunities
- Native plant vendors
- Silent action
The FNPS’s theme this year “Transitions” is pertinent to the Nature Coast region of Florida in a number of ways – sea level rise, migrations of ecosystems due to climate change, and the transition zone between north and south Florida. In this region you will also see the transition of cave system into Karst, spring flows to tannic flows, and water quality transitions. The region also has a large diversity of plant communities and the transitions between uplands and wetlands are common, dramatic and highly visible – a great place to introduce people to Florida’s diverse natural communities.
Our Welcome Center
will be open from
9:30 A.M. – 12:30 P.M.
ONLY on Friday, May 19th.
Preserve gates will be open normal, posted hours
- May 16, 2019
- May 19, 2019
- Event Categories:
- Conference, FNPS, Welcome Center Closed
- Event Tags:
- Annual Conference, Author Book Signing, Crystal River Preserve State Park, Fild Trips, Florida Native Plant Society, Foraging, Invasive Species Management, Landscaping for Pollinators, Native Landscaping, Native Landscaping in an HOA, Native Plants, Pine Needle Basketry, Plant Sale, Plants for Birds, sea level rise, Silent Auction, Social and Game Night!, Wildflowers
- (321) 271-6702 (cell)
- the Plantation on Crystal River
9301 West Fort Island Trail
Crystal River, FL 34429 + Google Map