- This event has passed.
CANCELED: What is a Death Doula?
April 25 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pmFREE
Doulagivers: A WORLDWIDE MOVEMENT
Doulagivers is the New Specialized Area of Non-Medical Health Care that is being embraced worldwide. Death Doulas are also known around the world as: end of life coaches, soul midwives, transition guides, death coaches, doula to the dying, end of life doulas, death midwives, and end of life guides.
WHAT DO DEATH DOULAS DO?
Death Doulas are people who support people in the end of life process, much like a midwife or doula with the birthing process. It is “a new non-medical profession” that recognizes death as a sacred, natural, accepted, and honored part of life. One might say that death midwifery is to hospice palliative care as birth midwifery is to obstetrics. Death Doulas can do these services and so much more.
● Help create positive, empowering end of life plans
● Provide spiritual care, psychological and social support
● Suggest ideas for optimal physical comfort and safety
● Help plan home vigils, life reviews, obituaries, celebrations of life and more.
● Educate patients and families on the new and progressive options of home wakes and natural green burials.
Come for this FREE presentation and to receive a Peace of Mind Planner. Meet Cathy & ask questions.
Saturday, April 25, 2020
HOW TO CONTACT THE HOST OF THIS EVENT:
Cathy Burdette CBP, CAT, RM, CEOLD ( 954) 934 – 6929 call / text EMAIL: TampaBayEndof Life Doula@gmail.com
“A good death is a fundamental right… It is important to know that you have control” ~ Cathy Burdette
- April 25
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- Event Category:
- Community Event
- Event Tags:
- death coaches, death midwifery, death midwives, Death Positive Movement, doula to the dying, end of life coaches, end of life doulas, end of life guides, Heartwood Family, Non-Medical Health, soul midwives, Tampa Bay area, transition guides, Your local certified Doulagiver
- Cathy Burdette
- (954) 934-6929