PRICES AND HELPFUL INFORMATION
The decision to be buried naturally in a conservation cemetery has many benefits beyond simply saving you money. Your choice helps to protect and conserve this special ecosystem. You become part of something much bigger than yourself. Other factors to keep in mind:
- Low Total Cost: Because Heartwood Preserve does not allow embalming, grave vaults, or non-biodegradable burial containers, your overall burial cost will be lower than conventional burial.
- Accessible: Unlike many conservation cemeteries set in remote wilderness or rural areas, our location is easily accessible, set in a suburban community outside of Tampa, FL. We border an 18,000-acre wilderness preserve, yet our cemetery grounds begin steps away from our parking area.
- Choice: You choose the area where you wish to be buried, whether an easy walk off the main drive or farther away down one of our walking trails.
- Pre-Planning: Heartwood allows you to pay for your cemetery costs prior to death (“preplan”). We are currently the only conservation cemetery in Florida that is fully licensed to offer this option.
- Discount and Promotions: You save 15% by making your arrangements in advance. Inquire about occasional promotions.
- Conservation Management & Perpetual Care: A percentage of the burial cost is set aside for the permanent protection and upkeep of Heartwood Preserve as a nature preserve.
- Special Programs: In addition to keeping the woods healthy, we educate and engage the community on the importance and beauty of this natural habitat through our events and activities.
- Welcome Center: Our permanent Welcome Center is now OPEN! Our Eco-friendly building houses our offices and gathering space for ceremonies, meetings and events. Stop in and say hello!
One of the benefits of Pre-planning is the ability to make affordable payments.
We accept all forms of payment and have payment plans to fit every budget.
Please contact us for more details. We are happy to work with you.
Prices of Natural Burial
Prices effective October 4, 2017
If you make arrangements at the time of death (At Need), the total cost will be:
Full Body Burial $4370
Cremation Burial (Inurnment) $1807
If you plan ahead (Pre-Plan), your total cost will be:
Full Body Burial $3714.50
Cremation Burial (Inurnment) $1535.95
We do not offer any burial for pets. We are a human cemetery.
The above prices are the total costs for a typical burial. Please contact us for the complete General Price List.
What is Included in the Above Costs:
- Burial Space – This is the right to be buried in a specific grave site. Upon completion of payment, you will receive a certificate of burial rights.
- Opening and Closing of Grave – Full body graves are closed by hand. Cremation burials are opened & closed by hand. Family is invited to assist with the closing of the grave under the guidance of Heartwood staff.
- Graveside Service – The time at the grave belongs to the family.
- Welcome Center – One hour of use in our Welcome Center (for use just before or after burial), a comfortable and spacious facility for gathering the family or holding a simple service. Longer use of space is available as rental.
- Memorial Marker (Optional) – This is a small metal plaque with the name and dates of the deceased. It is not required. (Your total cost will be lower if you choose not to have a marker.)
- Perpetual Care – A percentage of your burial cost is set aside in a trust fund for the permanent protection and upkeep as a nature preserve and conservation cemetery.
- After Care – Re-establishing and maintaining grave site in its natural habitat after burial.
- Communication and coordination with Funeral Provider – At the time of death, we work directly with the Funeral Home and take care of all coordinating details required so that you can spend time with your family.
- Documentary Stamp Tax (“Doc Stamp”) – An excise tax imposed on certain documents executed, delivered, or recorded in Florida, including the transfer of interment (burial) rights.
Options Not Included in Above Prices:
- Tent & Chairs – Optional rental for large gatherings at or near the grave where a 15′ x 15′ tent or larger, and 12 or more chairs are needed.
- Weekend & Holiday hours – There is an overtime charge for burials scheduled on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays.
- Funeral Homes/Director – Funeral Homes will require separate payment for their services and transportation. Heartwood Preserve is not responsible for these costs. They must be arranged with and paid directly to Funeral Home.
- Life Celebrant Services – If you need assistance in planning a special graveside service or Celebration of Life, Heartwood’s Manager, Diana Sayegh, is a Certified Life Celebrant who can work with you to plan and conduct services.
- Welcome Center Meeting Room – For gatherings longer than 1.5 hours, we have a special discounted rate for days of burial after the complimentary first hour.
Questions? Contact us (727) 376-5111