Trees of Heartwood: A Walking Tour
The 4 trees highlighted in our Heartwood walk are described below:
Longleaf Pine – come see the stages of growth
Slash Pine – Learn why the Slash pine is named after the “slashes”
Cypress & Oak.
Learn how to identify these trees and what their roles are in Florida’s ecosystems.
Talk & Tour Series at Heartwood, 9:00 AM, Saturday 2/24/18, Topic: “Trees of Heartwood” ~ Come take a guided walk through the Preserve with Heartwood’s Founder & Executive Director Laura Starkey to learn about the different species of trees that live here: the keystone Longleaf Pine, Slash Pine, Cypress and Oaks.
– Free, all ages welcome, moderate walk/hike, bring water, wear closed-toe shoes, wear comfortable clothing.
a RSVP is appreciated: (727) 376-5111
our email: info@HeartwoodPreserve.com
please call or email with any questions
Heartwood Preserve Talk & Tour Series:
Earth-friendly burial options
9:30 AM – 10:30 AM
Biodegradable shrouds? Ground burial with no concrete vault? No embalming?
Yes – you have choices. Come and learn about Natural Burial.
Stop in for this discussion – we will have refreshments, information packets for you to take home & a guided walk through the cemetery – to answer all of your questions.
RSVP: email Heartwood Preserve: info@HeartwoodPreserve.com
or call our Welcome Center (727) 376-5111
This Talk & Tour:
- slow walk
- wear/bring insect repellent if you wish
- wear comfortable clothing & closed-toe shoes
4100 Starkey Boulevard
“Returning to the Woods”
Talk & Tour
Tuesday, November 7, 2017
9:30 AM – 10:30 AM
Heartwood Preserve Conservation Cemetery’s Welcome Center
- Understanding the Conservation, Natural, Green Burial concept
- Information about Preplanning for Natural Burial at Heartwood Preserve
- Q & A session about Natural Burial and Heartwood Preserve
- Tour of a portion of the Preserve (Please wear closed-toe shoes if you will be going on the tour)
Stop by for some information or just to observe!
RSVP (727) 376-5111
4100 Starkey Blvd., Trinity
Through the central part of Heartwood Preserve is a cypress dome wetland.
Learn about Heartwood Preserve, Natural Burial and Florida’s Wetlands with Laura
5:30pm – 6:30pm
Q&A & Tour – Please wear closed toe shoes or boots
Join Diana Tuesday June 6th for a Talk & Tour
9:30am – 10:30am
Q&A & Tour of Preserve:
What is Heartwood Preserve? Information on Natural “Green” Burial options and Pre-planning.